Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 10



I worked on Math, Social studies (contemporary studies) and English. While working with student I had the student explain the work he was doing and explain to me the instructions on what needed to be completed and how.

By having the student explain to me the instructions, I find that many times he can answer his own questions on the subject area.  This also gives me a better understanding of what is being required from him so that I can better assist him in the direction he needs to go to find the answers. This ultimately forces him to still look for the answers without having me give them to him.

He does well with the homework that he turns in, but often he looks for the same guidance each time. I believe I should let him figure it out first, then make corrections. This takes more time but may be the motivation he needs to be more conscious of the work he is doing.

I believe this is associated with dialogic discourse as to helping him with a problem but letting him ultimately pick the course he takes to get the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment